World News

101-year old Italian man leaves hospital after recovering from Covid-19

The novel coronavirus infected over 500,000 people and claimed over 24,000 lives worldwide. Italy is one of the worst-hit nations, recording the highest number of deaths.

Meanwhile, a 101-year-old man recovered from the novel coronavirus in Rimini, Italy. The man is referred as Mr. P and, his family has now taken him home.

Mr. P was born in 1919 and was admitted to hospital last week after testing positive for Covid-19, according to Rimini’s vice-mayor, Gloria Lisi. Speaking of the case, Lisi said: “Everyone saw hope for the future of all of us in the recovery of a person more than 100 years old.”

“Every day we see the sad stories from these weeks that mechanically tell about a virus that rages and is especially aggressive on the elderly. But he survived. Mr. P. survived,” Lisi added.

The Vice-Mayor said that Mr. P’s family took him home on Wednesday. “His family brought him home last night (Wednesday), leaving behind a lesson that even at the age of 101, the future is not set.”

That’s indeed happy news amid the difficult times that the world is going through.

Related Articles

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!