70% Saudization in 9 Key Sectors Starting Muharram-01
Saudi Arabia plans to localize more jobs in retail and wholesale outlets in nine major sectors starting in Muharram 01.
Minister of Human Resources and Social Development Eng. Ahmed Al-Rajhi issued a decision to Saudize 70% of the retail and wholesale outlets of nine major economic activities effective from 20 August 2020 (01-Muharram 1442)
The new decision is applicable to the following retail and wholesale outlets:
- Coffee, Tea, Honey, Sugar, and Spices
- Water and Beverages
- Fruits, Vegetables, and Dates
- Grains, Seeds, Flowers, Plants and Agricultural Materials
- Books, Stationery and Student Services
- Gift and Luxury Stores, Accessories, Handicrafts and Antiques
- Meat, Fish, Eggs, Dairy, Vegetable Oil
- Detergent, Plastic, and Soap
All details about the Saudization and exceptions have been published on the Ministry’s website.
The ministry stressed that the decision was taken to boost Saudization and create more job opportunities across the Kingdom.
The ministry will take all required steps to ensure that all firms comply with this decision, and not violate its terms and conditions.