The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development is scheduled to begin 70 percent localization of jobs in nine sectors of wholesale and retail outlets starting Thursday, according to the Saudi Press Agency.
The following are the sectors:
- Sale of Coffee, Tea, Honey, Sugar, and Spices
- Sale of Water and Beverages
- Sale of Fruits, Vegetables, and Dates
- Sale of Grains, Seeds, Flowers, Plants and Agricultural Materials
- Sale of Books, Stationery and Student Services
- Sale of Gift and Luxury Stores, Accessories, Handicrafts and Antiques
- Sale of Toys
- Sale of Meat, Fish, Eggs, Dairy, Vegetable Oil
- Sale of Detergent, Plastics and Soaps
In March, the minister of Human Resources and Social Development, Ahmed Al-Rajhi, announced a decision to Saudiize these activities.