The Ministry of Interior announced today that King Salman has approved a number of initiatives related to the extension of visa and residence permits for expatriates.
The extended initiative includes:
- Extension of the validity of residence permits (Iqama / Muqeem) for expatriates within the Kingdom for a period of three months free of charge.
- Free extension of the validity of the final exit visa.
- Free extension of the validity of expired Iqama for three months for those expats who are outside the kingdom on an exit re-entry visa during the travel suspension period.
- A three-month free extension of the validity of exit re-entry visas for all expatriates who are outside the kingdom and which expires during the suspension of travel to the kingdom.
- Free extension of the validity of visas for visitors to the kingdom, which expires during the travel suspension period.
Last week, King Salman ordered the extension of a number of government initiatives to mitigate the effects of the coronavirus pandemic on economic activities and the private sector.