Saudi Arabia will suspend prayers at all mosques in the city of Jeddah during the period of June 6 to June 20 as part of efforts to curb the coronavirus pandemic in the country, the Ministry of Interior said on Friday, according to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
The decision comes after the Ministry of Health noticed a spike in the number of cases reported in the area.
The Interior Ministry said the kingdom will temporarily halt all workplace attendance for employees working in both the private and public sector for 15 days (Between June 6 to June 20).
Movement in Jeddah will be restricted from 3 p.m. to 6 a.m. starting from June 6 until June 20, the interior ministry said.
The new decision bans gatherings of more than five people.
All essential workers and groups previously exempt from restrictions will also be exempt from the new measures.
An official from the interior ministry added that the number of cases in Riyadh will also be monitored in the coming days to determine whether strict measures must be imposed.