According to sources, the fee for permanent Special Privilege Iqama will be SR 800,000
Yearly renewable temporary “Special Privilege Iqama” will cost SR 100,000.
The report says, Special Privilege Iqama will provide an opportunity to all those who have ties with the Kingdom, irrespective of their nationality, to obtain a permanent or temporary residency that would provide them with many privileges as well as the chance to avail of several services for themselves and their families.
The new law allows expatriates, who are holders of “Special Privilege Iqama” , to enjoy several privileges that are allowed only to the citizens. These include owning real estate, renting out properties, education and health services, and other utilities specified in the Executive Regulations.
Below are the eligibility requirements for ‘Special Privilege Iqama’
- Applicant should have a valid passport.
- Applicants should be financially solvent.
- Applicants should be at least 21 years of age.
- If he is staying in the Kingdom, he should be holding a valid Iqama.
- He should possess a clean criminal record, devoid of any previous offenses.
- He should present a medical report proving he is free from any contagious diseases. The report should be in line with the requirements of the regulations in force in the Kingdom.