If you have a connection flight through any Saudi Arabian airport for 18-72 hours or are you planning to travel through Saudi Arabia on your way to another country, you will need a transit visa. Furthermore, you will need to apply for this visa before your trip as transit visas are not issued at the airport.
The fee for Saudi Arabia’s transit visa is SR 300.
If you wish, you can perform Umrah on a transit visa.
To get this process started, you must submit the following:
- A valid passport
- One recent passport size photograph
- Saudi visa questionnaire filled out and signed
- Declaration of Saudi Laws signed
- A confirmed ticket or itinerary showing your layover. If you are going in by land, you will need a letter detailing your trip including the ports of entry and exit.
- Proof that shows the applicant can legally enter the country of destination after KSA (a visa, residency card, passport, etc.)
You will also need to pay the fees through the MOFA website. Once completed, take a print-out and visit the Saudi Consulate or Embassy in your country and submit the application with photocopies of your passport and other documents. Normally within 7 days or less, you will get your visa. If you overstay your transit visa you will be charged roughly $750 (SR 2812.5) per day for overstaying.