Itikaf is an Islamic practice consisting of a period of staying in a mosque for a certain number of days, devoting oneself to Ibadah during these days and staying away from worldly affairs.
Itikaf begins on the 20th of Ramadan.
Itikaf in Makkah
If you are planning to go to Makkah, then there is no need for the registration. Just go directly.
Itikaf in Madina (Itikaf in Masjid Al Nabawi)
Itikaf Registration for Masjid al Nabawi 2019 is over / completed.
The Presidency of Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques has launched an online information portal to give guidelines and registration facilities to those Muslims who are willing to perform Itikaf during the month of Ramadan.
Itikaf Registration Procedure: visit the https://gph.gov.sa website and after entering the required basic information, you can register for Itikaf for the respective year.
The Masjid al-Haram roof-top area is allotted for Itikaf, with separate shelves and safes being made. Each worshipper is given their own key for locking their belongings securely. A prayer rug, pillow, light bed sheets and 2 Ihram dress.
- Always try to maintain the cleanliness of the Mosque
- Try not to discuss things in loud voices in the mosque.
- Avoiding things creates a disturbance for worshipers.
- Try not to bring extra luggage into the mosque.
- Perform and stay in the area designated for Itikaf.
- Don’t hang dresses in the corridors or the pillars of the mosque.
- Do not sleep in places of praying area during night prayer Thajjud,
- It is good to take medicine for infection. flu and fever with yourself.
- The air conditioning facility is available in Masjid.
- Keep miswak and don’t bring bags/suitcases as these were not allowed only bring plastic bags to carry your luggage.
- The food is available during seheri and Iftar outside the mosque so don’t need to bring any food storage.
- Must bring cash as if you want to buy some food and other stuff shops outside of the mosque.
- Keep tissues with yourself.
- Trying to reach as soon as possible to start your Itikaf is good to reach 1 day before. In this way you get time to understand the Itikaf guidelines practically.
Itikaf Registration Procedure Online: (Itikaf in Masjid al Nabawi)
Visit the https://eservice.gph.gov.sa website for new user registration.
Once successfully created the user account CLICK HERE to go to the Itikaf registration page.
Tick on the provided column and click Next (Arabic)
Once completed the registration, you can get a printout. A copy of the registration will also be sent to the email account.