Saudi Arabia recently announced that it will facilitate travel for expatriates who have an exit-reentry visa or final exit visa, allowing them to return to their home countries amidst a continuing coronavirus outbreak. The Saudi Press Agency reported that this new decision came in accordance with the order of King Salman.
A new service called “Awdah” has been introduced in the Absher portal, enabling all residents, both legal and violators, within the kingdom to electronically submit an application to return to their home countries through the Absher portal.
Once the request is approved, the necessary travel procedures will be arranged.
Awdah Service in Absher
In order to benefit the service, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Absher website at www.absher.sa.
- Select the “Individuals”
- You can access the Awdah service without logging in to Absher.
- On the Dashboard, select the “Awdah Service” option.
Click on the “New Travel Request” option.
- Enter your Iqama Number or Border Number (for individuals without an Iqama).
- Provide your Date of Birth in either the Hijri or Gregorian Calendar.
- Enter your Mobile Number.
- Lastly, input the Image code and click on the “Continue” button.
After your application has been approved, you will receive a notification via SMS. Alternatively, you can also check the status of your application through the Absher portal.