Saudi ArabiaTraffic

When driving in a residential area, the traffic department advises this speed limit

The General Traffic Department’s Traffic Safety Awareness Center (Salamatak) recommended driving at a speed of 30 kilometers per hour in residential areas, urban areas, near schools, and on pedestrian paths.

The center explains that slowing down a vehicle reduces injuries and deaths, which helps to create healthy and safe streets.

According to the center, at a speed of 30 km/h, the survival chance of road users is 90%, while at a speed of 50 km/h, the survival chance is just 10%, indicating that an increase in speed of 1 km/h increases fatal accidents by 4 to 5%.

When driving in a residential neighborhood, the traffic department recommends adhering to this speed limit

M. AMEEN

Mohammed Ameen is a blogger and SEO specialist with more than ten years of living experience in the Middle East. He has a postgraduate degree in business administration and is passionate about blogging and travelling.
Back to top button

Adblock Detected

We have detected that you are using an adblocking plugin in your browser. The revenue we earn from the advertisements is used to manage this website; we request you whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.