What is an IBAN Number?.
An IBAN is used in Saudi Arabia to uniquely identify a customer’s bank account. The IBAN consists of an alphabetical country code, followed by two digits, and then up to twenty-four characters for the bank account number.
Importance of IBAN
- IBAN is a mandatory requirement to send and receive local and international payments between banks in a secured way
- The IBAN follows an internationally accepted standard
- IBAN is not a new Bank Account Number
- IBAN will include additional characters and numbers around your current Bank Account number
- Your present Bank Account Number will not change
The Benefits of IBAN
- Increased compliance to internationally accepted standards means fraud becomes almost impossible
- IBAN is consistent with international banking systems which makes it easier to process transactions with local and international banks
- IBAN eliminates delays in receiving payments
- Verification of beneficiary accounts reduces errors triggered by entering incorrect account numbers
How to Check your Saudi Bank IBAN Number
Click Here to visit Saudi Banks IBAN Number Generator page by Riyadh Bank
Select your Bank from the drop-down list
Provide your Bank Account Number
Click on “Generate IBAN”
In the next window you will get your IBAN number.