Traffic department explains how to replace driver’s license of an expatriate when he returns on a new visa

The General Directorate of Traffic (GDT) has explained the procedure that an expatriate can follow to replace the residence permit number in the old driver’s license when he returns to the kingdom with a new visa.

The explanation came in response to a person’s query regarding the procedure to replace the driver’s license registered with the previous iqama number and register it with the new iqama.

GDT explained that this could be done by visiting the nearest concerned traffic department’s branch and applying for the replacement of the license with the new ID number.