How to Apply for a Saudi Driver’s License
The following are the procedures for applying for a driver’s license in Saudi Arabia. If you currently hold a valid driver’s license issued in your home country, the process will be easier. If you do not, you must enrol in a driving school and take some classes.
Before applying for a driver’s license, you must ensure the following documents are with you
- Original Drivers License Issued by Your Home Country
- Certified Arabic Translation of Your Home Country’s Driver’s License
- Get your Blood Group report from any dispensary in Saudi Arabia.
- Your Original Iqama (Resident Permit) and its copy
- Copies of your passport including your visa page.
Deposit driver’s license fee on your Iqama Number. SR 80 for 2 years, SR 200 for 5 Years, and SR 400 for 10 years.
Proceed to the nearest Driving School with all required documentation before 9:00 a.m.
There will be a few shops near the gate where you can obtain photocopies and organize your files. Pay SR 10 over there and they will organize the required copies.
Enter the school and get your eyes tested.
Give your existing driver’s license issued in your home country to verify.
Take the initial trial.
Attend an instructional class.
The next day, Again, go to the school and complete the computer test.
Take the final vehicle test. If you have succeeded, you will be getting your Saudi Drivers Licence issued in a few minutes.