Driving licenses are important documents that enable people to legally drive a vehicle in Saudi Arabia. However, as we all know, they expire after a certain period of time, and if you want to renew your license, you can now do it through the Absher portal online. Renewing your driving license is not difficult at all if you follow this article’s guide on how to renew your driving license online in Saudi Arabia.
Requirements for Renewal of Driving License in Saudi Arabia
The requirements for renewing your driving license in Saudi Arabia are as follows:
- Clear Outstanding Traffic Fines: To renew your driver’s license, you must clear your outstanding traffic penalties.
- Medical Examination (Efada Medical Test): Another prerequisite for renewing a Saudi driving license is a medical test. You can get your medical tests done at any approved hospital or polyclinic. Once the medical test is completed, in a few hours, the Efada medical report for your driving license will be uploaded to the Jawazat system, and you will be notified via SMS.
- Payment of Renewal Fees: You need to deposit the driving license renewal fee on your Iqama Number using an ATM or internet banking. (Renewal fee: SR 80 for two years, SR 200 for five years, and SR 400 for 10 years)
- Validity of Driving License Must be Less Than 180 Days: Your license must be valid for less than 180 days to be able to renew it online.
Steps to Renew Your Driving License through Absher
If you’re looking to renew your driving license in Saudi Arabia online, the process is now easier than ever before. Follow these steps to complete the process:
- Go to the Absher portal: (https://absher.sa)
- Select “Individuals.”
- Log into your Absher account using your username and password.
- Click on the “Services” under the “My Services” menu.
- Select “Traffic.”
- Select “Renew Driving License“
- On the next page, review the service requirements and click “Next.”
- On the following page, select “Private Driving License” as the license type and “License Renewal Period” as 2,5 or 10 years, then click “Next.”
- Accept the terms and conditions by checking the box and clicking on the “Confirm” button to finish the renewal.
- On the next page, you will see a message, “Your Driving license is successfully renewed.”
After the renewal is complete, you can opt for postal delivery of your driving license card by choosing “Request Postal Document Delivery.” Additionally, you can also collect the new card by visiting the nearest traffic office (Muroor) with your original driving license. But, you will require a muroor appointment from Absher in order to collect your renewed driver’s license from Muroor.