Understanding Saudi Driving License Restriction Codes: What Do They Mean?
What Are Saudi Driving License Restriction Codes?
If you have a Saudi Arabian driving license, you may have noticed a code written on it that denotes certain restrictions or limitations. Understanding what these codes mean is important for safe and legal driving. In this article, we’ll explain the meaning of each restriction code in detail.
Also Read: How to Check Saudi Driving License Status Online
The following are the various restriction codes that can be found on a Saudi driving license:
- Code 0 or “بدون قيود”: This code means that the license holder has no restrictions and can drive without any limitations.
- Code 1: This restriction code means that the driver is only permitted to drive automatic transmission vehicles and is not authorized to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Code 2: If a driver has code “2” on their license, it means they must use an external or implanted device to replace or supplement a missing or damaged body part while driving.
- Code 3: Drivers with restriction code “3” are required to wear corrective eyeglasses or lenses while driving.
- Code 4: This restriction code indicates that the driver is only allowed to drive during daylight hours, from one-half hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset.
- Code 5: If a driver has code “5” on their license, it means they must use a hearing aid while driving.
- Code 6: This code means that the driver is only authorized to drive within the borders of Saudi Arabia.
- Code 7: Drivers with restriction code “7” are only permitted to operate vehicles equipped with hand controls for the accelerator and brake.
- Code 8: This restriction code means that the driver is not authorized to drive a motor vehicle for commercial purposes.
By understanding the meaning of these restriction codes, drivers can ensure that they are driving safely and within the legal limits of their license. If you need to renew your Saudi Arabian driving license, it’s also possible to do so online.