How many SIMs are registered on your Iqama in Saudi Arabia?
The Iqama number is a primary document that proves your identity in Saudi Arabia, and it is a mandatory requirement for expat residents to get a SIM card in the kingdom. This article will show you how to check how many SIM cards have registered under your Iqama number on the CITC portal online, so you can be sure no one else is using a mobile number on your behalf.
Checking the number of SIM cards registered under your Iqama number is now possible through the official website of the Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC). You can check this in two ways:
Using Iqama Number, DOB, And A Registered Mobile Number
To use the first method, you’ll need to enter your Iqama number, date of birth, and mobile phone number registered under your Iqama. In addition, you will need to enter an OTP received on your mobile number. Here are the steps:
- Go to the CITC portal: https://portalservices.citc.gov.sa/
- Select ENGLISH.
- Select the Actor Type as “Individual”
- Enter your “Iqama Number” in the ID Number field.
- Then enter your “Date of Birth” in the Hijri calendar. (Use this Gregorian to Hijri Converter to Convert DOB)
- Enter your Registered Mobile Number and Image code.
- Click on the “Search” button.
- You will need to enter an OTP received on the registered Mobile Number you provided. Enter the Secret Code and click on “Submit.”
You will see a list of mobile numbers and data SIMs linked to your Iqama in the next window.
Also Read: How to Cancel Your SIM Cards in Saudi Arabia
Only Using Iqama Number And DOB
You can also check your SIMs under Iqama without providing a mobile number. However, this method only gives information about the number of connections, not individual numbers. Here are the steps:
- Go to the CITC site: https://portalservices.citc.gov.sa/
- Enter your Iqama Number and Date of Birth in the Hijri Calander.
- Select the option “I do not have a mobile number.”
- Then, enter the image code and click on “Search.”
You’ll see the number of mobile connections associated with your Iqama number.
To purchase a SIM card in Saudi Arabia, you’ll need to provide an identification document, such as your ID card. If you are a Saudi resident with a valid iqama, you can use this to purchase your SIM.
If you need to cancel your SIM card, you can contact your service provider. You’ll need to provide them with your Iqama number and ask that they cancel the service.
It is reported that Saudi Arabia’s Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) has lifted the limit on the number of SIM cards owned by one person. Before this change, people could only own a maximum of two SIM cards.
It is unclear how many SIM cards people will be able to have under the new rule. However, there will likely be some limits to prevent people from accumulating too many phone numbers.
If you’re living in Saudi Arabia, it’s important to know how many SIMs are registered under your Iqama. Luckily, checking online is easy and only takes a few minutes. Simply follow the steps outlined in this article, and you’ll be able to see how many SIMs are associated with your iqama.