How to Apply for a Family Visit Visa Online in 2023
Applying for a Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia: 2023 Guide
Applying for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia may seem overwhelming, but with the correct information and guidance, the process becomes much simpler. Thanks to technology, the application process for a family visit visa is now more streamlined and can be done entirely online. In this guide, we will walk you through the online application process for a Family Visit Visa to Saudi Arabia in 2023, providing you with all the necessary information and resources for a successful application. We will cover everything from understanding requirements and documents to navigating the online application form and tracking your application status.
Eligible Family Members for Family Visit Visa
When applying for a Family Visit Visa in 2023, it is crucial to understand which family members are eligible to be included in your application. Generally, immediate family members such as spouses, children, parents, and siblings are eligible. In some cases, grandparents, grandchildren, in-laws, and other close relatives may also qualify.
Application Requirements for Family Visit Visa
Expats of all professions, including laborers and house drivers, can now apply for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia. To apply, you will need a valid Iqama with a minimum of 3 months validity, applicant passport information, and Nafath registration.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a Family Visit Visa
To apply for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia:
- Visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) portal at https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Home/Index
- Select “Services for Citizens and Residents” from the Home Screen
- Choose the “Resident” option and then click the “Apply” button under the “Family Visit Visa Application for Residents” tab.
- Log in with your Nafath account.
Instructions on Completing the Application Form
To fill out the online visa application form for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia, follow these steps:
- On the first page of the application, the system will automatically fetch your details. You will need to enter the following information:
- The address should be the same as the city where you are submitting the visa application at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Visit Objective: “زيارة أفراد الأسرة” (Family Visit)
- Saudi Visa Number (if applicable, as written on your work visa stamped on your passport at the time of entering Saudi Arabia. If you were born in KSA, leave the field blank)
- Click the “Add” button. On the next page, enter the personal details of the family visit visa applicant, including:
- Name as per passport (in English only)
- Birth Date
- Birth Place
- Occupation (in Arabic)
- Mobile Number
- Relationship (select “Others” if applying for someone else, such as a brother or sister)
- Scroll down and enter the passport details of the applicant, including:
- Passport Number
- Passport Type: Normal
- Passport Issue Date
- Passport Expiry Date
- Passport Issue Location (the country of the passport holder)
- Scroll down further and select the type of family visit visa you wish to apply for:
- Single-entry visit visa (valid for 90 days with 2 possible 90-day extensions, for a total of 270 days)
- Multiple-entry visit visa (valid for 90 days, with a possible 30-day extension through a Tawasul request)
- If applying to more than one family member, click the “Add” button again to enter their details.
- Check the “Agreement Approval” box and click the “Save” button.
Once you have finished filling out the form, the MOFA website will give you a reference number. Keep this number; you will use it later to check the status of your visa. You will also need to print out the form for further processing.
Submission and Approval Process
After filling out the application, you will need to have your employer sign and stamp it.
- If you are a private employee, you will then submit the application to the chamber of commerce in the same city as the address you provided in the application.
- If you are a government employee, you will submit the application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- For domestic workers, the employer will approve the visa through their Absher account. No need to submit the application anywhere else.
Related Article: How to Check Family Visit Visa Application Status Online
Once your visa has been approved, you will need to submit it to the Saudi Embassy or Consulate in your home country for processing.
In conclusion, applying for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia can be a complex process, but with the right guidance and information, it can be made much simpler. This guide provides a step-by-step overview of the process, from understanding the requirements and documents needed, to navigating the online application form and tracking the status of your application. It is important to remember that the eligibility criteria for a family visit visa and the required documents may vary depending on your specific circumstances. It’s always best to check the official website of the MOFA or contact the relevant authorities to ensure you have all the necessary information before applying. We hope this guide has helped to demystify the process and make it as straightforward as possible for you.
More from KSAexpats.com: