Conditions and Benefits of Privileged Iqama
Saudi Arabia has announced the green-card style “Privileged Iqama” for qualified expatriates with a number of special privileges. The application for Privileged Iqama has already started. Here are the key details of the Privileged Iqama.
Fees for Privileged Iqama
There are two kinds of Privileged Iqama. One is a permanent residency permit and the other one is a yearly renewable residency permit.
- The fee for a permanent residency permit will be SR 800,000 as a one time payment.
- Fees for the yearly renewable special privileged residency permit will cost SR 100,000 per year.
Benefits of Privileged Iqama
- Unlimited stay with family members in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- No dependent levy for wives, daughters and sons who are less than 21 years of age.
- Ability to obtain visit visas for his relatives.
- Ability to recruit domestic workers.
- Privileged Iqama holders can own real-estate units for residential, commercial or industrial purposes anywhere in the Kingdom except the holy cities of Makkah and Madina.
- Holders can invest in real-estate units in Makkah and Madina for up to 99 years.
- Privileged Iqama Holder can work in any private establishment and freely switch jobs except for jobs allocated only to the Saudi Nationals.
Conditions for Privileged Iqama
- Applicants must have a valid passport.
- He must be at least 21 years old.
- Submit documents showing he is financially sound.
- Submit a police clearance certificate (PCC).
- A recent health certificate (should not be older than 6 months).
- If the applicant is a resident in Saudi Arabia, his Iqama should be valid.
- Upon the approval of the application, he must pay the fees within 30 days of approval.
- He must have a valid health insurance policy.
Cancellation of Privileged Iqama
- A “privileged Iqama” will be cancelled if the Iqama holder is convicted of a crime which leads to 60 days imprisonment or fined SR 100,000.
- If the Iqama holder has to be deported from the country under a court order.
- If the datas provided in the application is found to be incorrect.
- Privileged Iqama holders can also cancel their residency status if they wish.