How to Report and Replace a Lost Iqama: 2024 Guide

By Mohammed Ameen

Updated on:

How to Report and Replace a Lost Iqama

What to Do If Your Iqama Is Lost

If you’re an expatriate employee and have lost your Iqama card, it’s important to act swiftly to replace it to avoid any legal issues. Here’s a straightforward guide on how to manage this situation using the Muqeem portal, which your employer should have registered on:

Reporting Your Lost Iqama

  1. Inform Your Employer: The first step is to inform your employer about the lost Iqama, as they will need to log into their Muqeem account to access your file using your Iqama number.
  2. Employer Reports the Lost Iqama: Your employer will then proceed to report your lost Iqama by navigating to the Jawazat service option within your file on the Muqeem portal.
  3. Acquiring a New Iqama: You will need to visit the nearest Jawazat office, likely accompanied by your employer, to process and collect your new Iqama card.
See also:  In These 12 Situations, Domestic Workers Can Change Employers Without Consent
How to Report and Replace a Lost Iqama: 2024 Guide

Also read: How to Book a Jawazat Appointment Online

What to Do If Your Lost Iqama is Found After Reporting

Should your lost Iqama be found after it has been reported as lost on the Muqeem portal, remember that the lost report cannot be withdrawn. The found Iqama will no longer be valid. You must check with your employer about the status of the report on the Muqeem portal and follow the outlined steps to obtain a new Iqama by visiting the Jawazat office. This ensures you remain compliant with the legal requirements.