Table of Contents
- Step 1: Download the Unlocking Firmware
- Step 2: Remove the SIM Card and Turn on the Router
- Step 3: Connect the Modem to a PC
- Step 4: Access the Control Panel
- Step 5: Update the Router with the Downloaded Firmware
- Step 6: Download the Second Firmware
- Step 7: Select the File
- Step 8: Update the Router with the Second Firmware
Are you tired of being restricted to only STC network or SIM card with your STC Huawei E5172s-927 modem? Do you want to unlock your modem so that you can use it with any network or SIM card? If so, then this article is for you! In this article, we will guide you through the process of unlocking your STC modem (STC Huawei E5172s-927), allowing you to use it with any network or SIM card. Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Download the Unlocking Firmware
Download the firmware needed to unlock your modem here: https://bit.ly/2cGSXvx
Step 2: Remove the SIM Card and Turn on the Router
Take out the SIM card from the router and turn it on.
Step 3: Connect the Modem to a PC
Use an Ethernet cable to connect the modem to your computer.
Step 4: Access the Control Panel
Open your browser and enter “192.168.1.1” in the address bar to access the control panel. Log in using “admin” as both the username and password.
Step 5: Update the Router with the Downloaded Firmware
Go to “Home”, thereafter, “Update”, then choose the downloaded file, and then click on the”Update” button.
Step 6: Download the Second Firmware
After the update is complete, download the second firmware using this link: https://bit.ly/2IkwxwU
Step 7: Select the File
Once the download is completed, choose the file named “MPWUDPUPDATE_V200R001C115SP100.BIN.”
Step 8: Update the Router with the Second Firmware
Open your web browser and follow the steps below:
- Visit 192.168.1.1 to access the control panel.
- Log in to the control panel using your username and password (admin/admin).
- Navigate to “Home” then “Update”.
- Select the downloaded file (MPWUDPUPDATE_V200R001C115SP100.BIN) and click on the “Update” button.
Congratulations! Your router is now fully unlocked and ready for use with any network or SIM card.
More from KSAexpats.com: