The embedded SIM, also known as eSIM, is a technology that enables the activation of postpaid and prepaid plans without the use of a traditional physical SIM card. This article will walk you through the process of obtaining and activating an STC eSIM in Saudi Arabia.
Where can you get an STC eSIM?
How much does an STC eSIM Cost?
The cost of upgrading from a normal SIM to an eSIM is 57.5 SR for a postpaid number and 28.75 SR for a prepaid number, both inclusive of VAT.
How to order an eSIM through the MySTC app
- Enter the store in the app
- Click on “get a new number“
- Select your SIM card type (prepaid or postpaid)
- Select the suitable plan
- Choose “Use eSIM” and complete the steps
How to convert your existing SIM card to an eSIM using the MySTC app
- Select “Manage” in the app homepage
- Click on the SIM icon on the top of the page
- Select on your SIM
- Click on “Replace SIM”
- Select “Use eSIM” and complete the steps
How to activate your STC eSIM
- Scratch the QR code in the voucher
- Connect the device to the internet. (Either via WiFi or via the internet of the normal SIM in the device).
- Follow the user guide provided with your device to activate the eSIM.
- Upon scanning the QR code in the scratch area, the eSIM will be activated automatically.
After activating the eSIM on the device, it cannot be used on another device, and if the device is changed, a new eSIM replacement is required, as the eSIM will not work on a different device after activating on the original one.